The benefits of using solid wood products and structural elements in construction are increasingly recognized in Canada and elsewhere.
To support a larger use of CLT, the 2019 Edition of the CLT Handbook has been completely revised and improved based on new research performed by FPInnovations and partners to reflect changes made since the 2011 edition in recent Canadian codes and standards, including new guidance recently implemented in the CSA O86:19 standard.
The handbook is a must-have for every professional interested in building with CLT in Canada and beyond
In-depth, multi-disciplinary and peer-reviewed information on all performance attributes of CLT construction;
Includes the new CLT provisions in the Canadian Standards Association’s Standard in Engineering Design in Wood;
NEW! An extra chapter provides a design prototype of an eight-storey mass-timber building.
All chapters from the 2011 edition have been revised and updated based
on the most up-to-date research and code modifications; in addition, the handbook now offers a design prototype of an actual, eight-storey mass timber building
- Chapter 1: Introduction to cross-laminated timber
- Chapter 2: Cross-laminated timber manufacturing
- Chapter 3: Structural design of cross-laminated timber elements
- Chapter 4: Lateral design of cross-laminated timber buildings
- Chapter 5: Connection in cross-laminated timber buildings
- Chapter 6: Duration of load and creep factors for cross-laminated timber panels
- Chapter 7: Vibrations performance of cross-laminated timber floors
- Chapter 8: Fire performance of cross-laminated timber assemblies
- Chapter 9: Acoustics performance of cross-laminated timber assemblies
- Chapter 10: Building enclosure design of cross-laminated timber construction
- Chapter 11: Environmental performance of cross-laminated timber
- Chapter 12: Lifting and handling of CLT elements
- Chapter 13: Design Example