FPInnovations’ much anticipated tissue course is officially going digital this year and will be taking place October 26 to 29, 2020.
FPInnovations has adapted and developed the course and its contents for an online format in order to offer students maximum value from their participation and allow students from across the world to participate in all safety and amid COVID-19 response regulations and limitations.
“The Interactive Applied Tissue Course’s conversion to a digital format means that the course will be unprecedentedly accessible to participants worldwide from the comfort of their offices, be them home or elsewhere”, says Stéphan Larivière, Pulp & Paper Industry Sector Leader.
The course will provide a comprehensive understanding of tissue properties and tissue manufacturing. Live online demonstrations as well as interactive Q&A sessions, activities, and quizzes will complement the lectures perfectly. The sessions will run from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m EST.
The course is offered in collaboration with tissue partners Cristini, Fabio-Perini, Kadant, Solenis, and Toscotec who will bring their respective expertise to cover important topics such as tissue making process and equipment, tissue creping and chemistry, and tissue converting operation.
The Interactive Applied Tissue Course is a unique learning experience and will allow participants to:
- Participate in interactive and engaging lectures with field experts and suppliers
- Learn how to test tissue properties and improve tissue performance through optimization.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the tissue-making process, fibre physics, and tissue performance.
- Understand the role of pulp furnish in tissue making and how it affects tissue properties.
- Get access to the course material in advance
- Have access to the recordings of the course for future reference
The Applied Tissue Course also meets the continuous professional development requirement for several professional designations, including engineers. A certificate will be issued to participants who complete the four-day course. Information on registration and pricing is available on the FPInnovations events page.
The last day of registration is Friday October 16.
For more information on the Applied Tissue Course, please contact Xuejun Zou, Montreal manager of the FPInnovations chemical process group.